Monday, December 8, 2008

Reflection

It is scary how fast this semester has gone by, and even more so to realize that we are already 1/8 of the way through our college careers. So with the end of the first semester, it seems appropriate to reflect upon what I learned in amped up.

Of course, the primary reason for taking this course was to broaden my knowledge in the field of adventure-based learning and adventure in general. As someone who has always been more involved with math and science, this was a really good opportunity to expose myself to alternate learning styles.

But perhaps I learned more about others, life, and myself as a result of taking this course. The living learning community offered such a great environment to get to know people both as a student and as a person. Because of taking amped up, I have made my best friends in college so far. In no other dorm or class would I have the same first semester experience and I feel extremely fortunate.

I would recommend to anyone to get involved in a living-learning community, and I strongly urge UNH to continue the program for many years to come.

No comments: